Monday, November 24, 2014

Airplane Shenanigans

The previous weekend I took a trip to the East Coast with my family. (Yes kind of bizarre that my parents decided to go out of town the week before Thanksgiving break but you know how it is...) With the knowledge that a drive to Maryland can take up to three days, as you can assume we took a flight.

When catching a flight, any normal person should probably get there about one-and-a-half to two hours early. Although I don't think you could classify my hectic family as normal, we decide to show up to the curbside check-in with approximately forty-five minutes to spare until take-off. Great, right? No, actually, not-so-great. For some reason it takes the five of us an extra half-hour than scheduled to get out of the house.

After so conveniently arriving to the security line with t-minus twenty-seven minutes until take off (probably about when they started to board our flight), we slipped through the weaving lines and metal detectors. Thank god for TSA Pre-Check. Post-security, we all started to pull that awkward speed-walk (the one that's too slow to start running, but fast enough to get that weird little wiggle in your hips) trying to get to the gate in time. We made it fine, as we always somehow do.

As I rolled my carry on down the aisle to seat 27D, the man sitting next to me whips out a disinfectant spritzer from his breast pocket and started spraying his seat, tray table, and arm rests with a quite paranoid urgency. As he quickly sat himself down he took a few deep breaths to seemingly calm himself down. This is a true story, I kid you not. I think Ebola has hit some people a little hard in the head.

From that point on the four hour flight was breezy, shout-out to Delta ;).




No comments:

Post a Comment