Sunday, May 10, 2015

So Long, Farewell!

Yes, as you've been able to tell by my recent blogging, this school year has been simmering down to an end, and with it my blog. I'm not sure if you're one of my original blog-readers, but in my first post I did mention that this was a 9th Grade English assignment, so as much as I truly do love blogging, A day in the life... will live in memory, along with all of my other 9th Grade experiences.

Through blogging consistently, it's given me such a freedom to write about what speaks to me, and in doing so, giving me so much opportunity to channel my voice into the words I've been typing on the screen. I've felt that my voice has really come through more and more with every post I've written. As a follower, I'm sure you've begun to see more and more through my writing each time you read. This blog has tracked my through my freshman year, it's documented what's been impactful on myself throughout this school year, and even sometimes I entertain myself by revisiting my older posts; mostly because I see how much I've changed in just this year.

By changed, not only has my voice and literal writing grown and improved, but I see the change in myself as a person. Remembering the thoughts dashing through my head when writing some of my old blog posts makes me giggle. Something that may have seamed like a life's crisis when I was writing in October is something I can now laugh about and reminisce on.

A day in the life... was absolutely a day in my life. My blog absolutely reflected me from the first to the last post. It was an amazing opportunity to not only vent about my daily happenings, but to improve my writing by experience. I believe in the saying of practice makes perfect. This blog was a slightly more nonchalant way to just... write. It was an amazing opportunity to be able to write about whatever I felt would be cool to get out of my head. Since this was an open-ended opportunity to write about whatever I wanted, what I chose to write about reflects me as a writer as much as the writing did itself. I believe that what I wrote about transformed towards earlier dates as much as the writing itself did, maybe even more so in some cases.

Thank you thank you thank you, thank you, reader, for joining me on this adventure. This blog all in all was really good for me, and I've gained so much experience from it. I really appreciated the hand along the way, and just knowing that people are on the other side of the screen was really neat. Hopefully you enjoyed a day in my life, through the ups and downs, I think it's safe to say that we made it.

Actually maybe I should wait to see my final grade before it's safe to say that we made it. Whatever, you guys made it by this point, we'll see how I do when grades come in.

Photo Courtesy plzrtpodcast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment